Refocusing efforts to support elderly and vulnerable persons in United Kingdom
Las Marias has following objectives:
- the relief of poverty
- the relief of need hardship or distress
- the relief of the elderly the advancement of education or advancement in life of young people
- the advancement of health
Las Marias is a Berkshire-based charity established in 2019 to promote positive change among disadvantaged people in United Kingdom and other parts of the world. Amid the Coronavirus crisis, Las Marias is focusing its efforts to help elders and vulnerable persons in United Kingdom. We want to minimise the impact of self-isolation for those in quarantine and need access to food, medicines or social care. As an organisation, we believe we are a resourceful bunch that wants to serve those affected by Coronavirus.
AID BOX TO VULNERABLE & ELDERLY PERSONS
NEW ROAD, ASCOT
In wake of the Coronavirus pandemic, Las Marias is worried about vulnerable people in our community who may have to self-isolate or quarantine, especially those who do not have family nearby. We want to help them, and this project was designed for that purpose specifically.
WHAT'S INSIDE THE BOX
An aid box is an essential items care package that Las Marias has decided to prepared and distribute to homes once every week. Each aid box will be prepared with following item:
- 1x Antibacterial Handwash 250Ml
- 2x Wholemeal Medium Break 800G
- 2x Lactofree Fresh Semi Skimmed Milk 1 Litre
- 1x Tetley 240 Teabags 750G
- 1x Fray Bentos Just Chicken Pie 425G
- 1x Princes Round Ham 200G
- 1x Tesco Chicken In White Sauce 400G
- 1x Tesco Organic Orange Juice 1 Litre
- 1x Tesco British Pork Sausages 8 Pack 454G
- 1x Tesco Finest Jacket Potatoes 4 Pack
- 1x John West No Drain Tuna Fridge Pot Springwater 110G
- 2x Tesco Large Free Range Eggs 6 Pack
- 1x Hearty Food Co. Penne Pasta 500G
- 1x Wikinger 8 Hot Dogs 550G
The average cost to prepare and distribute one Aid Box is £30.32, which includes product and logistics cost. To distribute 50 aid boxes, we forecast a cost of £1,515.62 per week.
At this point, we aim to carry through the project for at least 4 weeks. Therefore, to distribute 50 boxes for 4 weeks, we will spend £6,062.48.
Based on how the situation unfolds and guidance for the UK government, we may extend our program to more than 4 weeks.
The COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the global population in drastic ways. In many countries, older people are facing the most threats and challenges at this time. According to World Health Organization, although all age groups are at risk of contracting COVID-19, older people face significant risk of developing severe illness if they contract the disease due to physiological changes that come with ageing and potential underlying health conditions.
The project will benefit the elderly and vulnerable persons living on New Road, Ascot, who are high-risk candidates for contracting the deadly infection of Coronavirus. The project will reduce their need to leave their homes for basic needs over the next 1 month.
We are also putting in place plans to ramp up volunteer support to help with activities such as running on-demand errands to the shops.
The main outcomes that we are targeting through this project are:
- Zero COVID-related deaths among the beneficiaries of this program and on New Road, Ascot, in general.
- Zero COVID positive cases among the beneficiaries of this program and on New Road, Ascot, in general.
- Reduce chances community transmission on New Road, Ascot. Using these measures we plan to publish an impact report at the end of each month.
Until we find a vaccine for Coronavirus, the best way to reduce the fatality rate from is by protecting our elderly. As a result, our project will allow elders to comfortably sustain a lifestyle that does not require them to take unwanted risks, such are leaving the house for essential items.
How you can help
BOARD oF TRUSTEES